We do work as usual!
All our staff has received Covid-19 vaccine!
We are not the largest clinic in Latvia,
but we are the most experienced one!
Spinal intervertebral disc herniationSpinal intervertebral disc herniation is a common problem among younger people, aged 20 to 40, but sometimes this health issue is encountered by older people too. The pain usually originates in the lumbar spine and radiates to one or both legs. The pain is usually worse while sitting; some alleviation is felt during light walks. In more serious cases, patients can experience issues with bowel movement; this requires immediate medical attention. Diagnostic approaches are based on clinical tests as well as magnetic resonance for lumbar spine. Treatment comes in the shape of physical therapy, nerve blockages or surgical treatment of disc herniation.
Lumbar spinal stenosisSpinal stenosis (or narrowing of spinal canal) is a common ailment among elderly population. The narrowing is caused by arthrosis in the intraverbal joints as well as thickened ligaments occupying the space in the nerve canal and thus compressing the nerves. Spinal stenosis usually comes with radiating pain and numbing sensation in legs, aggravated by walking and standing. The pain usually decreases while sitting or bending forward. The best treatment method is releasing the compressed nerve roots through microsurgical decompression.
Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesisLowering of spinal vertebrae or spondylolisthesis. This spinal deformation mostly manifests with local pain in lower back radiating towards legs. Leg pain is caused by decompressed nerves in the back due to mechanical pressure of the lowered vertebrae on the nerve root. This ailment can be best diagnosed with spinal computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance (MR) imaging. The treatment takes the shape of nerve blockages, decompression surgeries, as well as spinal vertebrae stabilization or fixation surgeries. Learn more by asking our back surgeons.
Spinal nerve blockageSpinal nerve blockage or introduction of long-lasting painkillers and anti-inflammation medicines to patients with pain syndrome caused by inflamed nerve (radiculitis). Such diagnostics are aided by X-ray control. This procedure helps diagnosing a precise site of nerve inflammation and reduces, for a long period of time, back and leg pain for large portion of patients. Before nerve blockage, one must always do a magnetic resonance (MR) scan as well as seek a consultation by a back surgeon.
Puriņš Private Clinic Ltd. ensures access for people with functional disorders..
- Bathroom space in the clinic is customized for people with functional disorders.
- People with hearing disorders can receive services by using visual information and, whenever necessary, written communication.
- Whenever necessary, people with vision disorders will receive services with the help of the clinic’s staff that will aid movements around the premises and provide other required assistance.
- People with mental disorders will receive services by using in communication simple and easy-to-understand language.
- The clinic building is equipped with ramps and there are spacious hallways inside. There is also an elevator with an attendant available.